Ending the calendar year on a positive note, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India today announced its sales number for the month of December 2022. The company’s total sales for December’22 stood at 250,171. This includes domestic sales of 233,151 units and 17,020 units exports. Noteworthy, the domestic sales for the month registered 11% growth over the same period of last year which stood at 210,638 units.
Commenting on HMSI’s performance, Mr. Atsushi Ogata, Managing Director, President & CEO, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India said, “The market is gaining steady momentum against previous months as well as year-on-year basis. Factors like healthy festival season, good monsoon and increased demand for personal mobility has translated well to rise in customer walk-ins & enquiries. Our entire network is closely engaging with customers via both online & offline channels, thus, making way for growth in the coming time. Stepping into 2023, we expect that the continuously improving consumer sentiment along with the enhanced effort towards the betterment of economy and infrastructure will build the momentum further.”
Honda’s Key Highlights of Calendar Year 2022:
New offerings & Special Editions in Red Wing Business
- Special Editions Launches: Attracting the customers with multiple offerings, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India announced the limited DIO sports edition, Honda Shine celebration edition and the 2022 Activa premium edition.
- Product Milestones: Celebrating its undisputed leadership in 125cc segment, Honda’s Shine brand achieved 1 Crore customers in India. Garnering the love & support of people, over 2 Lac two-wheeler customers now ride a Honda Grazia125 in Eastern region.
Honda’s Premium Motorcycle Business “Big Wing”
- Africa Twin: Delighting the adventure riding community, HMSI announced the launch of the new 2022 Africa Twin Adventure Sports in India.
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India launched the 2022 Gold Wing Tour in India via completely built-up (CBU) route from Japan.
- 2022 CB300R & CBR650R launched: Inspired by Neo-Sports Café category, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India launched the 2022 CB300R in India. Parallelly, the company launched the new 2022 CBR650R in two exciting colour schemes of Grand Prix Red & Matte Gunpowder Black Metallic.
- Taking the excitement of the customers a notch higher, HMSI launched all-new powerful & sporty CB300F.
- Model availability at CSD: Introducing two new models at special prices for armed forces personnel, HMSI announced the availability of H’ness CB350 & CB350RS at 35 CSD depots across the country.
- Premium business Network Expansion: Honda further elevated the #GoRidin spirit with the inauguration of BigWing in 2022 to 31 new cities including Kolkata, Kurnool, Indore, Pondicherry, Rajkot, Hyderabad, Belgavi, Hoshiarpur, Pune, Rajamundry, Agra, Jorhat, Gaya, Bangalore, Hubbali, Attingal, Muvattupuzha, Warangal, Thodupuzha, Malappuram, Madurai among many others for the sales and service of its premium motorcycle range. Noteworthy, that now one can experience the differentiated Silver Wings Experience at more than 100 operational touchpoints across the country.
- Honda Homecoming Fest: Celebrating 1st anniversary of H’ness CB350 & CB350RS, HMSI organized first of its kind customer appreciation event at their Global Resource Factory in Manesar (Haryana) which received an overwhelming response from CB350 series owners’ community.
- Sunchasers Ride: HMSI flagged off the next edition of SunChasers: ‘A Higher Chase’, a 500km long ride from Leh taking 25 expert riders astride their Honda CB350 through a plethora of landscapes to experience the legacy of the Honda CB350.
Business & Brand Milestones
- HMSI Future Roadmap: HMSI announced its Business Transformation Plan with a focus on Future and Alternative Mobility. The company aims to strengthen its Manesar (Haryana) plant as a Global Resource Factory for ‘Making in India for the world’. Besides expanding exports footprint, HMSI is aggressively pursuing development of fuel-efficient products and the company plans a phase-wise implementation & integration of flex-fuel technology in its product portfolio.
- Business Milestones: Winning the love & trust of its customers rapidly over the years in India, HMSI announced that its cumulative two-wheeler sales have crossed the monumental 10 lac units’ mark in Jharkhand, 80 lac units’ mark in Maharashtra, 20 Lac units’ mark in West Bengal and 40 lac units’ mark in Uttar Pradesh. HMSI also announced that Honda’s Shine has achieved the prestigious milestone of 20 lac customers in Central states of Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
- Overseas Business Expansion: Harnessing its world-class manufacturing capabilities in India, HMSI announced the exports of its 125cc motorcycle SP125, to Australia and New Zealand.
- HMSI Zonal Office: HMSI inaugurated its new Zonal office in Kochi – one of the biggest two-wheeler demand centres of Kerala. The all-new Kochi Zonal Office is HMSI’s first zonal office in Kerala and its 24th zonal office in India.
- Floating Showroom: Going beyond geographical barriers to reach out to customers ahead of Onam, Kerala’s most celebrated festival, HMSI launched a first-of-its-kind outdoor campaign ‘Floating Showroom in the Backwaters of Kerala’.
- Wind Turbine System in Karnataka: Continuing its endeavours towards reducing dependence on non-renewable resources by leveraging clean energy systems (wind & solar), HMSI inaugurated its third wind turbine system in Jagalur (Davanagere district, Karnataka).
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Recognitions: HMSI received the prestigious GreenCo Platinum Plus rating by Confederation of Indian Industries (CII), becoming the first and only automobile company to achieve the coveted rating. The company also received the Best Canteen Arrangements Award at the Haryana State Safety Welfare & Health Awards.
- Skill Enhancement Centre: HMSI inaugurated Skill Enhancement Centres in Bengaluru (Karnataka) Dharamshala (Himachal Pradesh), Uchana (Haryana) and New Delhi in collaboration with Government Industrial Training Institute (ITI).
- Mobile Medical Unit: Committed towards channelizing its resources into making India a healthier nation, HIF announced that it had facilitated improved access to quality healthcare to more than 6 lakh people in just 6 years through its Mobile Medical Units (MMU) in India.
- Oxygen Plant at Government Civil Hospital: Continuing its endeavors to positively impact the lives of people, HIF announced the setup of an Oxygen Generating Plant at Government Civil Hospital in Uchana, Haryana.
- Open Defecation Free Initiative: Realizing the critical need of building a proper infrastructure for safe sanitation, HIF in association with Sulabh Sanitation Mission Foundation & Gram Panchayat of Vithalapur constructed 350 household toilets in the village.
- World Environment Week: Reaffirming the need for sustainable existence in harmony with nature through transformative on-ground changes, HMSI on World Environment Day kickstarted its week-long National Environment Campaign by undertaking plantation of over 44000 saplings across its dealerships and office premises.
- International Yoga Day: In continuation to the yearly agenda developed for the upliftment and motivation of the Drivers and all associated plant members, HMSI India 3F- Logistics Team organized and celebrated International Yoga Day.
- International Women’s Day- Empowering the women of India, HMSI celebrated International Women’s Day with its exclusive female-oriented Road Safety Awareness campaign across India. Spread across 17 cities in India, the celebrations were held at HMSI’s 10 traffic-training parks where over 1100 women learnt the important aspects of road safety.
- Inauguration of first IDTR in Karnal- Continuing its endeavours to community development, Honda India Foundation in association with Government of Haryana inaugurated its 1st Institute of Driving Training and Research (IDTR) in Karnal (Haryana).
- Road Safety Awareness Campaign – To make Indian roads safer for all, HMSI had spread road safety education to kids and adults through its digital Honda e-Gurukul program as well as on-ground awareness campaigns in school, colleges, and government organizations. With this, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India has now educated over 55 lac Indian citizens on the importance of road safety.
- Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship (INMRC): IDEMITSU Honda SK69 Racing team’s Rajiv Sethu performed par excellence and rounded-off the PS165cc category at second position in the championship. The young guns of IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Cup also displayed exemplary performances on the racetrack. Topping the leadership board of 2022 IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Cup CBR150R and NSF250R categories were Raheesh Khatri and Sarthak Chavan for the 2022 season.
- Asia Road Racing Championship- Making a significant mark on international soil, the IDEMITSU Honda Racing India’s Rajiv Sethu finished the 2022 in top 15 with 37 points, while Senthil gained 13 points. Thus securing 9th position in overall team standings.
- Dakar Rally- Monster Energy Honda Team rider Pablo Quintanilla grabbed the second place in 2022 Dakar Rally. All four team riders managed to finish one of the toughest ever editions of the rally.
- IDEMITSU Honda Talent Hunt: Giving wings to the next generation of riders who want to enter the world of professional racing, Honda conducted the Honda Talent Hunt in Bangalore (Karnataka).